The first day that I stepped foot into my classroom for observations, I immediately began to create the foundations of the relationships I hoped to build with my future students. I got down to their level, and introduced myself to each and every one of the students in the class. I told the students about my journey in “teacher school,” and explained to them that I was hoping they would help me to become a teacher. The students loved the importance that I put upon them in my journey. They knew that they were helping me, not the other way around. I used my observation days to memorize names. I tested myself on names multiple times a day, and I asked my coaching teacher if I could be the one to hand out any work with names on it. By showing the students that I cared enough about them to learn their names and use them frequently, trust began to grow. I read them stories and taught mini lessons with the guidance of my coaching teacher during my observations, and by the time practicum began, my students were comfortable with me, and I was comfortable with them. Throughout practicum, I made a point of greeting every student, every day. I made conversation with all of my students, and paid attention to social dynamics in the classroom. For me, relationship building was my number one priority. I believe that if there are strong relationships, everything else comes afterwards. By the end of practicum, I knew all about each and every one my students: their interests and hobbies, dynamics at home, the names of their parents, and what they enjoyed most about school. I am very proud of the relationships that I built with these kids, and I will miss each and every one of them very much.