Another area of practicum that I take great pride in is my assessments. For the units that I taught, I developed interview questions for each lesson. During center time, I would pull students aside for 1-2 minutes each, to ask a few questions about our learning from the day in science, language arts, or math. These assessments were created by me, for my lessons, and proved to be extremely valuable! Using these assessments I was able to determine where my students’ gaps were, and where I needed to focus my time. These interviews also provided valuable one-on-one time with each student, while still enabling me to monitor the rest of the class during their free play. What a valuable time centers is! However, my favourite assessment was not one that I did in my individual interviews, but one that my students did themselves, all together. I had chosen a few core competencies to focus on with my students over the four weeks. In the last week of school, we did a self-assessment using these core competencies, and the Seven Sacred Teachings, focusing on courage, the bear. The self-assessments were very well done, and I felt so proud of my students for their vulnerability and honesty. Each self-assessment will be attached to the students’ report cards when they go home later this month.